Aloha my beautiful readers! Happy New Year’s Eve (and Happy New Year 2017 to you all in international waters!)
Once again it has been what seems forever since my last blog post. It’s not because I’m not interested in blogging. It’s because I haven’t made time for it. As 2016 comes to a close, I look back and appreciate all the personal growth I’ve undergone this year to get where I’m at today. From the daily wins and challenges of parenthood to two wonderful children to the reconnection and exploration of the pursuit of my creative passions (and how to balance both); I am truly blessed and thankful for what 2016 has taught me.
Someone once asked me, “How do you do it? How do you stay so positive?” I wish I had the perfect answer for everyone, but to answer this question is to answer for what is true for me. So here are my top 5 things I use to help myself stay positive.
1. Go outside. I mostly care for my kids from home so when I need a break or a change of scenery, I head outdoors. I usually head to the beach and put my feet in the water. This little act of self care is my favorite (and quick) picker upper.
2. Exercise. I joke my kids are my exercise as I chase and run after them around the house. To be honest, I need something to be active in for myself. Dance and yoga or pilates are two I’m wanting to explore more in 2017.
3. Creative visualization. Vision boards, inspirational books and meditation practices help me get grounded and centered.
4. Hang with your tribe. They say surround yourself with those who only lift you higher. I believe this makes a huge difference in how I stay positive. I am blessed to have the support system I have today. Family, friends, sisterhood of empowering women, and kindred spirits who only lift me higher and make me a better person overall helps me stay positive. My amazing husband who is my biggest fan and support continues to encourage me to grow and better myself. I appreciate that he provides anything and everything to make sure I am my best for myself and the family.
5. Pursue your passions. Do something you love….whatever that may look like. My playful and creative pursuits include: DIY projects, arts and crafts, modern memory keeping documenting our weekly life, photography, the beach and music. However that looks for you, do it and fill your soul with beauty and light.
And there you go. My top 5 things I do to help me stay positive.
Now it’s your turn. I want to hear from you. What do you do that helps you stay positive?
Comment below and let’s lift each other higher!
Happy New Year!!!